I would not hesitate once to say, ‘I live, eat and breathe Travel’. I always appreciate those travel freaks who covers length & breadth of countries with their minimal backpack, and necessary gadgets. But, what inspires me the most are those travelers who rock the look while traveling.
Here, In this blog post, I’ll talk about the minimum necessary items (including your makeup items) you should carry and apply while indulged in hiking or trekking.
Depending on the weather and days/hours involved in for hiking, you need to decide the tools, accessories and other important items in your backpack. Packing entire makeup kit would be a bit extreme so, opt for minimal beauty necessary items in your bag when you are out on an adventurous trip. (Note- Try to keep your backpack light & compact as you would be carrying it throughout the trekking.)
The industry, I belong to gives me an ample of opportunities to play with looks, cosmetics and clothes, so I would love to share some of my experience in this scenario along with my traveling experience.
Here you go girls and conquer your fear to look good with some simple, easy tips!
1. Carry Water Bottle – To keep yourself hydrated, you would need water. Yes, so depending on the no. of days /hours of hiking or trekking, decide how many liter of water would you require.
2. Dry Shampoo – This is a must have for your ‘look-good’ kit. It may not be necessary, you will get a bathing chamber or room at every trekking spot. Dry Shampoo would be extremely helpful for your shiny and bouncy hair locks. If your hair gets greasy and dirty, all you would require to do is spray dry shampoo and massage it well.
Note: Those who have dry hairs, dandruff problems & more, kindly avoid using dry shampoo or do some research before using it.
3. Sunscreen – Don’t blame your skin for Sun burns, Tan and other blemishes, if you do not persistently apply sunscreen while enjoying outdoor activities. Keep your skin protected, glowing and sweat-free with a dry-touch, waterproof sunscreen.
Recommendation: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch with SPF 50+
4. Facial Cleansing Wipes– Be extremely careful and stringent about your regular skin cleansing regime, even if you’re miles away from your bathroom sink. Keep cleansing wipes handy with you so that you do not have pimples, blackheads & bumps.
5. Bandana or Scarf– Keep a pair of colorful, clean Bandana with you, this will help you to keep scalp clean and protected from heat. One can create multiple looks with one Bandana, so recreate different looks every time.
6. Waterproof Mascara– Let your eyes speak the beauty! Don’t keep all your makeup items at home just because you are trekking or indulging in outdoor activities.
7. Other Important Items-
There are certain items which is not a must-have in your makeup kit but, they are extremely important for outdoor activities.
Here the list goes-
- Insect Repellent Spray or cream
- Carry some Tobacco or make a tobacco spray as it is extremely helpful to get rid of a leech and stop the blood flow caused due to leech bite.
- Wear Sports Shoe and carry some spare pair of socks.
- Lip Balm with SPF